Thursday, May 3, 2007

Waves of Memories ~By Stephanie Hance~

Surfing on the blue,
With waves so high
My board was ready and I was too,
The only thing to do is try

The contest was in a few days,
And I was ready
It was hot from the sun rays,
The waves were coming steady

Not knowing what they were judging for,
I paddle out and just waited
I hope this will get me more,
One little mistake and it will be hated

Going to the ceremony that night,
Dressed in my summer best
The light on the stage was bright,
I hope to impress my guest

They called my name,
What is my place
I’m thinking it’s a game,
And I’m lost in the race

The night turned out to be great,
My guest was impressed
And I got a date,
He thought I was the best

Those surfing memories will ever last,
I was excited that I won
My heart never pumped that fast,
And now my surfing memory is done

No comments: